Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Memorial Day week-end everyone!
Connie and I received a wonderful email from our "fishing guru" in Ester, Alaska letting us know where his fishing camp is and where all they will be taking us to fish.  He said he processes and freezes over 2,500 pounds of salmon every season to feed 10 families.  Wow!  His thinking is like ours:  we don't fish for a trophy fish picture on our Christmas cards.  We fish to fill the freezer.  I thanked him profusely for the information and update ... like we need more anticipation.  Connie already said she's about to have a heart attack because of all the excitement and anticipation.  Lake fishing, he says; so I may have to re-load my float tube (if I can find room).

Yesterday was a little bittersweet as I took the two big dogs to their new temporary homes for the summer.  I'd love to take everyone, but there just isn't room.  My old lady, Katie, who is 14+ is staying with my good friends, the Reisz's in Fallon, where she has visited before and just loves them.  It's close to her vet, also.  Toby, the "Main Man" Welsh Corgi, is staying with my son, Justin and his family in Fernley in the country again.  The one really going through withdrawals is Abby, the miniature schnauzer.  First, " Mom dropped off Toby, then she dropped off Katie.  Wonder where she's gonna drop me off".  She is just lost without the rest of the "pack".

                                                    Sweet Katie and Toby

I will drive to Eldorado Hills on the 6th of June to fetch Connie and we will head out on June 10 more than likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment