Thursday, June 21, 2012

We are in Prince George, B.C. this evening and only have a short distance to go the next two days to arrive at the starting point of our 34 day rv tour.  We have seen majestic mountains, heavily forested areas and believe it or not, sparsely treed, disintegrating granite peaks that look like Nevada with sagebrush and all. 

Hi, its Connie:
Many of our friends are asking:  "Have you killed each other yet?"
We decided to go on this venture because we had so much in common:  two sons, only children, breast cancer, eating, fishing, quilting and being widows, just to list a few.  It has been interesting sharing Jane's space.
Her dog gets up at 5:30; mine gets up some time between 8 and 10.
I had to learn not to react when she screeches in fear when I'm driving.
I don't know if she turns on the computer or the coffee pot first - I'm asleep.
Only the dogs are allowed to come in the rig without taking off their shoes first so as not to muddy up the light beige carpet.
We like different flavors of fudge.  That means we don't have to share.
She bakes; I buy desserts.
She likes elevator music; I have two disks titled Driving Jazz for Mama.
She seeks out antiques; I seek out good looking young men.
She didn't kill me when I locked the keys in the truck so I guess we're OK.
                                Connie

When we fueled up today, a young woman offered us fresh rhubarb.  I answered so quickly and enthusiastically, I think I scared her.  Connie calls it screeching, you know.  Anyway, we have a big bunch so I can make Connie a strawberry rhubarb pie and me a rhubarb custard pie.  Remember, Connie buys desserts.

I returned yesterday to the store where the owner helped me contact Good Sam to get the truck unlocked.  I felt I "had" to buy something, since I had money in my pocket this time and ice cream seemed to fill the bill.  Notice the truck keys in my hand.  Connie loved the sign out front.
This store houses the post office, small cafe, store and sells lotto tickets.


The view from last nights rv spot at a beautiful lake near Lone Butte, B.C.
                                                                 The Mighty Fraser River at flood stage.  Hopefully, it will crest by this week-end.  We were so surprised by the change in topography.  So dry and different than the mountains and pines.
                                                                


See, I seek antiques and Connie sought a handsome Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman, and found one! 
On the way out of Hope, B.C. we found the woodcarver that carved most of the chainsaw carvings that are located all over town. He took us into his shop and showed us a work in progress that when complete, will be shipped in a container to Korea!  The big bird is a young bald eagle that was killed by a passing train and what a sight!  Now, whats wrong with these photos?  I got my picture taken with a big bellied, scruffy-bearded woodcarver and Connie's photo is with a gorgeous, young, tall, very blue-eyed Royal Canadian Mounted Police Officer.  I'm going to figure out what her secret is.



3 comments:

  1. Seems to me we had some sort of discussion about truck keys. . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu two will NOT kill each other....especuially if Connie keeps finding those handsome Mounties to look at... Say, can you maybe find a Mountie-Ette for the rest of of us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mountains, Mounties, Mountie ettes.....Wow such adventures! Loving your blog....Very funny Connie,,,,I'm with you about buying desserts, but sure would enjoy the home baking Jane can put out.
    Going ahead, loved the group shot of the tour group.
    Irene S

    ReplyDelete